Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Camp Hagley 2016

 I have just come back from an amazing time with my friends at our annual quilting retreat. We had such a good time. It doesn't get any better really.We spent 3 days at a farm and the surroundings are so beautiful. I set up my sewing station early Saturday morning and sewed and sewed until Monday lunch time. I made all the blocks for a new quilt and got the binding sewn down on several projects they were my night job jobs.  I taught my friend how to make a sew together bag, that was hard work but we got there in the end. She was so happy with it. Then I gave some sewing lessons  to my friends daughter. I love teaching others how to sew. It was good fun.

 I couldn't miss an opportunity to photograph my newly finished Nested Churndash quilt.

 Even the donkeys were impressed with my new mini quilt.

 If you squint your eyes in this photo you can see a deer in the background, he was gorgeous.

Lots of photos, lots of quilts, this Union Jack quilt belongs to my friend Cathy, we had a nice time walking around the farm looking for just the right spot to take  photos of our quilts.

I can't wait for next year's retreat now.

Have a great week and thankyou for stopping by. xx

7 comments:

sunny said...

I was at retreat last week, too! We had a beautiful setting at the base of the mountains, and the fall colors were so pretty. It looks like you were a little more productive than I was. I got three tops up to the point of needing applique. I guess I know what I'll be working on while watching TV for awhile. I love your nested churndash!!

Christine B said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time Leanne and I love the photographs of the quilts! Superb! Christine x

Susan said...

Looks fantastic. I am going on retreat on Friday, can't wait. Great quilt photos too.

Susan said...

hi Leanne what a beautiful place and the quilts look amazing. X:)

Lynda said...

Sounds like the best kind of weekend, Leanne.

dream quilt create said...

Looks like a fun time Leanne! I hope I get to go to another quilt retreat :)

Anthea said...

Hi Leanne, so glad you had a great time , I knew you would! Great pics of your works, and it must have been very satisfying to get so much done. I'm off on Retreat soon too; I didn't think I'd be able to go , but the stars aligned & I'm good to go, yay for me.

Your quilts certainly look happy to be photographed!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...