Sunday, September 27, 2015

Falling Leaves


 Just as Spring has arrived I'm in the mood to make a new quilt that represents Autumn, I guess I can call it my new leaves for Spring quilt. I'm making 2 of these gorgeous quilts with all  my fig tree fabrics in my scrap bucket.
 These are the bigger leaves which of course will make a bigger quilt, there are 24 blocks in the quilt but i think I'll make a few more and make it for my bed.

 Then there are these babies, aren't they adorable. This is for a mini quilt. Only 9 leaves needed for this one. I finished them off this afternoon so during the week I'll make my new mini quilt.
 These new patterns are from the Fig tree web site, Joanna has some beautiful new designs.
 Speaking of new, yesterday I got some new fabrics, oh I have been waiting for these darling bundles  since I first saw them on Instagram,   This one is Vintage Picnic by the famous Bonnie & Camille. There are some very pretty prints in this range.
And I got a bundle of Strawberry Fields revisited by Fig tree, these fabrics are beautiful and this maybe my most favourite range yet, the colours are so soft and pretty. I can't wait to cut into these, I have a pattern all picked out ready.

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and you found some sewing time.
Thankyou for stopping by.

13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Loving your project Leanne ... Yummo fabric 😍

Melody said...

Really really lovely

a good yarn said...

I love your leaves and you've given me an idea for using up some scraps I found the other day. Vintage Picnic and Strawberry Fields had your name all over them. I now you will make some beautiful, projects with these lovelies.

Susan said...

Love the leaves, especially the mini ones. How do you even cut the ribbon on a fat quarter bundle?

Kylie said...

I am a Fig Tree & Co fan too! Plus I love that Vintage Picnic bundle xxx

Susie said...

Gorgeous blocks and beautiful colours. How on earth did you get your hand on those fabrics so quickly? I thought they were not release? Lucky girl! I look forward to seeing what you make from them.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely scrap leaves. Isn't it lovely to look at you fat quarter packs. You don't want to undo them and start cutting.
Love them.

Susan said...

All your sewing and fabric is delightful Leanne! But now that the sun is finally here, I find it hard to stay inside for long! Yesterday I sat outside to bind, and I hope to finish it today! Happy sewing!

barb's creations said...

Very, very pretty fabrics and blocks Leanne :) Barb.

Anthea said...

Leanne, with your leaves, it's like your going to be super-early for Autumn! (see I know how organised you are!)
Oh I'm so tempted to get me some of that Strawberry Fields Revisited... the original range is what made me fall in love with Fig Tree in the first place.
Happy Sewing xx

Christine B said...

I missed this post while I was away Leanne, so sorry if my email doesn't make sense! Your leaves are beautiful and the quilts will be fabulous! Lots of lovely fabric there too!! Christine x

Ness said...

Hi Leanne!! Catching up on a few blogs this morning since the cold wind is howling... It seemed to give me permission to sit with another cuppa! Lol! I love seeing your projects and Oh that fabric!! Me wanty! Lol!

Ness said...

Hi Leanne!! Catching up on a few blogs this morning since the cold wind is howling... It seemed to give me permission to sit with another cuppa! Lol! I love seeing your projects and Oh that fabric!! Me wanty! Lol!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...