Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ready for Spring

 Last week was a busy week, by the end of the day I was too tired to do any sewing that required me to think, so  I got this old quilt down off my "waiting for binding " pile and got to work. It only took 3 nights, makes you wonder doesn't it why I didn't do it earlier. This poor quilt has been sitting  for 2 years just waiting to be finished.
 I actually found it quite relaxing and very cosy on these chilly evenings.
 Now its all done and I love it all over again.
 Yesterday when I was doing my housework I decided to bring a bit of Spring into the house. I put all my winter quilts away and bought out my Fig tree favorites.
 The room looks so much lighter now and very pretty.
 Even the hallway has a new lease of life. I love this quilt, its called Sunshine Frolics by Nat Bird.


I hope you have had a good week and a restful weekend.

I am going to do some sewing this afternoon, I have another quilt just about ready for borders. Can't wait to show you.

Happy sewing. xx

14 comments:

Susan said...

Your latest finish is gorgeous Leanne! I have always loved this pattern- it is a wonderful variation on a 'star', isn't it?!

the girlfriend gap said...

What do you think it is that makes you procrastinate the binding you silly girl. I love to do the binding. We need to talk : )

The quilts are lovely. Enjoy the freshness of Spring! Janita

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Leanne the quilt is lovely. glad you didn't leave any longer, Enjoy.

Josie said...

Loving your new/old quilt Leanne. In face I'm suffering from 'LUV' overload this morning! I've been oooo'ing and ahhh'ing my way around your bog. What better way to spend my time.. a nice cup of tea.. squishy banana on toast and a healthy dose of inspiration!! Had a great time visiting.... smiley face here! Hugs...xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the quilt xx

Susan said...

Good to finally have your pretty quilt finished. Spring is definitely in the air here too, time for a change.

sunny said...

What a pretty finish! Your spring quilts will certainly get you in the mood for the upcoming season.

Christine B said...

What a lovely quilt to finish Leanne! Love your change of quilts! Hope you have had a great weekend! Christine x

Raewyn said...

I sometimes wonder too why I have left something so long to finish! Your quilt is gorgeous, I love the block in it. Your home looks fresh and pretty and just waiting for some spring weather!

Christine M said...

What a wonderful finish, Leanne. Your quilt is gorgeous.

dream quilt create said...

Leanne, you're getting so much done! I love all your quilts and how you have them displayed. They bring a lot of warmth to your rooms. I love the embroidery in your quilt too :)

Anthea said...

What a gorgeous display Leanne... I always love to see Sunshine Frolics
x

a good yarn said...

Oh Leanne - it's such a beautiful quilt! I love the colours and the blocks. What pattern and fabrics did you use? Your home looks lovely with all those quilts decorating it. Spring is definitely on its way - just not this morning. 4 deg C here. Brrrrrrrrr!

Ruth said...

Lovely, summery quilts! In fact, I was just thinking this morning that it's time for me to get out the fall quilts! I can't believe it's September 1 already! I love the border on the quilt you just bound. It's a gorgeous quilt!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...