Saturday, September 6, 2014

Friday night sewing

 I had a very productive sewing time last night, I finally got the binding  sewn on my new table runner. Its a scrappy runner so I thought a scrappy binding would suit perfectly. All stripey strips frame it nicely.
 I even spent a bit of time before bed and started sewing it down  on the back.  I love tucking in all those stray threads,


 I also cut into my tilda fabrics that I have been saving for no special reason  and started making little blocks, I want to do some stitchery on the odd block  so I'm working on a layout, I do like it so far.
 My garden is looking very pretty with all my bulbs in flower, Look at my hyacinths, they are my favourite and smell so nice.
 Tulips are starting to bud so it won't be long and they will be blooming, another favourite of mine.
Last Monday was my birthday, I had a wonderful day, All week I have been receiving lovely parcels in the post. I received this beautiful bag from my Friends in Stitching group, the theme was black and white and we had to make a bag of some kind. Lynda made me this one and I love it.  Thankyou so much Lynda.


If you would like to see what others got up to for Friday night sewing click here and go to the list. Have a great weekend and thankyou for stopping by my little blog.

16 comments:

Bobbie Lynn said...

Your hyacinths Leanne are so beautiful and the colors are so lovely. I bet they smell lovely too.
A scrappy binding is perfect for your table runner and it uses up all the left over fabric too.
What a beautiful tote you received. Love the way she added your initials. Very sweet of her and Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Susie said...

Such a bright and fun tablerunner - gorgeous. I too love hyacinths. Their perfume is so lovely. Tilda fabric is one of my faves - any of them. I look forward to seeing this come together. You are very lucky to receive that stunning bag too. Happy birthday.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful flowers. Love the gorgeous table runner. Beautiful tote bag. Hugs,xx

Susan said...

Happy birthday. Love your new bag from Lynda. I love sewing down the binding too, lovely projects you're working on.

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely runner and great bag Lucky you
Happy Birthday

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday (belated) and lovely bag... the bulbs look beautiful and so do your lovely projects.... there is soemthing about stripey binding that melts my heart...
Hugz

sunny said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day. I love the bag you received. It looks like a great size.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday. I love your runner and your Tilda blocks look wonderful. Lovely bag too x

Christine M said...

Your table runner looks lovely, Leanne. Can't wait to see your Tilda project.

Anthea said...

great idea with the stripey bind Leanne - and lovely birthday gift too

Christine B said...

Love your little table runner and the quilt top with all those beautiful Tilda fabrics is looking good too! Love Hyacinths! :) x

Outback Craftaholic said...

All your projects look lovely Leanne. I love the bag you received as well. Very stylish. Cheers, Tracy

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Happy birthday!(a little late)! Your table runner is beautiful, such cheery scraps.

Kim said...

Lovely runner. The stripes make a great binding.

Maria said...

Lovely runner, Leanne!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

your runner is lovely...great bag from Lynda

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...