Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lots of things.

 So much is going on in my house right now, we are painting the outside and having a new picket fence made so its been very busy. Hubby is doing a great job, I think he will be glad to go back to work for a rest. I have been having a lovely time in my sewing room making a few new projects, I found my very tiny stash of Liberty prints and I started making a sewing pouch, its looking very pretty. I'll be sure to share it with you all when I finish. I have found Liberty prints really hard to find here so I wondered if any of my blogger friends had any scraps they would be willing to trade with me, I have lots of other fabrics I'm willing to part with for just a few yummy pieces of Liberty.
 Yesterday was our special Cherry Shed get together, we had a great day, just a small group of us this time. Here is Lib sharing her beautiful pin cushions that I designed, I was so thrilled to see them.
 Gail and Sarah hard at work,
 Katharine and Cathy, having a chat.  We all had a lovely time and the food was fabulous.
 During the week I bought some new Greengate to add to my collection, I was thrilled to find someone in Australia  who stocks it, it truly is beautiful.
 Look at these tea cups with the ceramic spoon.
 This one is so dainty and pretty. You can find greengate here of you want to have a look.
This little sneak peek is my project I will be teaching at Patchworks plus in a couple of weeks, I can't wait, Its a beginers class and we will have a great time.


Ok, thats what I have been up to this past week, I hope you have a wonderful week ahead and you get some sewing time.

13 comments:

Bev said...

I LOVE GreenGate! I can't find any place that stocks it in the USA and the shipping is crazy expensive from Europe. Love all the things you've been doing! Jealous of your weather. It's going to be 9 degrees tomorrow for the high temp! Thanks for sharing the fun! XO

Maria said...

What lovely items GreenGate has! Love your Liberty project. I bought some lovely pieces of Liberty prints from an Aussie Etsy store just recently. If you have no luck with swapping I can send you the details :-)

debbie said...

Love your Liberty fabrics. The teacups are so sweet too. I thought of you at Christmas when my present was a Tilda doll, so sweet. xx debbie

Susan said...

The liberty fabrics look very pretty with the sweet printed blocks. Looks like a lovely get together.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

So glad that you had a great time at the Cherry Shed, and your greengate items look terrific.

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely post

Lib said...

Your bag is even better "in the flesh". Glad you bought it along to show us. The bike and bird are so cute.

Melody said...

I'd never heard of Greengate but now I'm in love.

Lynda said...

Lots of good things happening at your place too! My painters turned up to work today and went home - it's raining again.

Stephany said...

Hi Leanne,
How nice you found a shop with Greengate-things. The 3th picture, I have it too! The cup with blue spots and roses, wonderful. We love the same things!
I need to go to the seaside for the newest collection.

Steph

Anthea said...

Lovely pics from the Cherry Shed there, Leanne... sorry I can't help with the Liberty prints... And your new Greengate is just gorgeous, enjoy!! x

Helen said...

You do have lots going on at your house Leanne.
Love your china too. A day at The Cherry shed....sounds good to me.

Helen

Wonky Girl said...

Did you ever find any extra Liberty prints? I stumbled across an Etsy Shop that has a set of Liberty charms.
Here is the shop name- AnniesPatch.
Your projects are turning out so wonderful. I like the use of linen, will have to try it in a couple of projects myself.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...