Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday already

 There  hasn't been alot going on in my neck of the woods lately, the weather has finally started to warm up and I have been busy in the garden, here are a few Spring flowers, they are so pretty. The yellow tulips were a new variety to what I already had and I love their elegant shape.

 Daffodils are just about finished, they are always so bright and cheery.
 I received this beautiful journal cover from my dear friend Barb who is my partner for the Let's celebrate swap, Barb sent me this to open on my birthday then I got lots more goodies when we got back from our trip. Thankyou Barb, its been used for notes already.
 I have been making a few hexie flowers, these are to go on secret things for Christmas gifts.
 Last week at work we got this beautiful fabric by Bonnie and Camille. I have cut this up already but I  can't show you what I made as its another Christmas gift. I'm sure there is alot of secret sewing going on in blog land right now.
The other day I bought the most beautiful pad of scrapbook papers from Spotlight.  Look at this Hexie print. I wish it was fabric. I just loved the selection of colours. I raided my cupboard and found a jelly roll of Avignon by Riley Blake and it matches perfect. I have started a new design so stay tuned for more  as I make progress.

Well thats it from me, Back to my christmas sewing and pattern writing.
Have a great day.

11 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the reverse seasons! I can enjoy your spring while we head into winter!

barbara woods said...

just started following , love your work

Anonymous said...

hi leanne lovely post ,hope you have a lovely day.xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love all your projects especially the fussy cutting on your hexies!

Lynda said...

The are such beautiful colours in the scrapbook paper and whatever you're going to make will look beautiful. Love the flowers - your garden must be looking so lovely.

Anthea said...

I do love that scrapbook paper Leanne, yes a fabric version would be wonderful...

chrissie said...

Wonderful to see the photograph of the Spring flowers as we are in Autumn and it is dull and quite wet today.

Love the hexie flowers

Chrissie x

Stephany said...

The scrapbook paper is wonderful Leanne. And also the fabric from Bonnie & Camille. Nice flowers you have in your garden! We're planting the bulbs now, we bought a lot of them as we were in the bulb-region of Holland last summer.
Steph

Cathy said...

Thats a very different colour way for you my friend...what are you making now??

Nicky said...

Your spring flowers are beautiful Leanne, and your Christmas stitching looks intriguing... the sweet hexie flowers are so pretty. Aren't they lovely gifts from Barb...

Susan said...

hi Leanne, Gosh your very organised I have started a small bit of christmas shopping but making gifts would have been such a nicer idea. :)

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...