Sunday, July 1, 2012

A new little quilt

 Here it is all finished, my new Natalie Bird quilt called LOVE. I did this as a sample for work and now its hanging proudly in the shop,

 I love the little stitchery blocks, they were really fun to do.
I can't wait to share with you the next quilt I'm making for the shop, its beautiful. Once I get started I'll tell you all about it.
Today my son is going for his first driving lesson, my husband is taking him then when he has more of an idea about changing gears and a feel for the car I'll go with him. I feel nervous for him already.
So while they are out driving I'm going to do some sewing, I'm working on a new table runner and a couple of birthday gifts. Have a great Sunday.

13 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful, Leanne (as is everything you make). I love the stripey sashings.

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous Leanne! Can't wait for you to reveal the next quilt

Pauline said...

very cute little quilt leanne..I have my putor for my sunday pleasure..so can answer all these blogs..and have a fun read...must go have loads to catch up on for this week...lo.
cheers

De said...

Gorgeous quilt! Im taking my daughter for her first driving lesson today! EEEEEEKKKKK.

Wendy said...

Wow, you got this one finished quickly and it's beautiful! Hope the driving lessons go well, Wendy xx

Marina said...

You used such pretty colours! love it

a good yarn said...

A very sweet quilt indeed. Have fun with the driving thing. My son and I actually enjoyed the uninterrupted time together. ann :-)

Anonymous said...

Leanne its gorgeous,well done,and good luck to your son.xx

Quilt Kitty said...

Gosh Leanne, Lillian is so lucky to have someone so talented & fast to make shop samples. They are always so wonderful. I hope the driving lesson went well. How nerve racking just thinking of them out on the roads. Your sewing room is coming along quickly & will be a great space with all that natural light. Keep warm! Tracee xx

Anthea said...

Gorgeous quilt Leanne - i'm sure it looks lovely in the shop. Best of luck to you & hubby with the young fella starting his driving. I have two reluctant learners, they are just not interested. But they are nearly 18, & at times I wish they would get on with it, so I don't have so much running around to do!

Simone Harding said...

I love your quilt. Just gorgeous.
Wow another L plater in the blogging family.
I am still waiting for my L plater to decide on going for the P plate test. Good luck with the lessons

Deborah said...

This is SO CUTE/LOVELY!

Jenny said...

Such a beautiful quilt - lovely:)

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...