Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankyou Lisa

In this months homespun magazine there is a fantastic jar cover project by the very talented Lisa over at Cubby House crafts. As soon as I saw these I had to make one, not only because I love them but because I really like Lisa and her blog is full of beautiful projects and inspiration. So here is my version of Lisa's jar covers.

Stitched on linen which I really like to work with, don't look too close at my scalloped edge, that was tricky for me but I'll keep practising until I get it right.



The lady bird won me over, she is so cute. I have traced the other design for another jar cover so today I'm going to start stitching that.

I have a week off from work which I am really enjoying, I have done a few of those jobs that I keep putting off like cleaning the oven. Now I can sit back, relax and get stitching.
Thanks Lisa for such a pretty project.




9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

It'S abeautiful project.

Pauline said...

cute project Leanne...like it

Fee said...

They look lovely Leanne. Cleaning the oven - YUK !!! Hugs - Fee X

Anonymous said...

lovely cover, I did notice them in the latest mag, stop cleaning it's bad for the health :)

Susie said...

It looks beautiful. Just out of interested what kind of jar did you use? Was it a tall one? It looks tall from the photo.......
Susie

Isabella said...

You did a good job I now have to go get my copy bet I cant di the edgeing :)

Roseanne said...

Very cute love the bottle cover.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Oh WOW it just looks so lovely Leanne! And so beautifully photographed with your pretty flowers.
Lisa

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Leanne you have done a wonderful job...

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...