Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A nice surprise

Last weekend here in Launceston we had our annual craft and quilt fair. Members of the Tasmanian Quilt guild enter their quilts in the exhibition. Lillian entered her dragon fly quilt which she made and I quilted.


It won 2nd prize and because I quilted it, I recieved a certificate. I was thrilled and it was a great confidence booster. Lillian actually designed the pattern which I used to do the quilting, its a lovely design. You can see some of it in the close up shot.





Thanks for stopping by, I hope you found some sewing time today.





15 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Leanne that's Fantastic..Your Quilting looks Wonderful...
cheers

Jo in TAS said...

Congratulations Leanne! Fabulous team effort!

a good yarn said...

Fnatastic! How wonderful to receive a certificate - well earned too. You ahve done such a nice job on the quilting. Ann :-)

happy rosie said...

congratulation leanne beautiful work
cheers

Christine said...

Well done, Leanne. I'm always impressed by your quilting ... you really deserve your award.

Roseanne said...

Congratulations Leanne I did see it up close at the fair. Great quilting. Good on you getting a certificate.

Sarah said...

Congrats to you and Lilian! I also seen it up close and it looked really great! Well done.
x Sarah

Isabella said...

Congratulations thats lovely for you I'm soo pleased for you

Pauline said...

yayyyyy go leanne...whoo hoo hoo hoo...(throws arms up in air) :)

Ruth said...

That is a very nice surprise! The quilt is lovely and he quilting is perfect for it. Congratulations!

Vicki said...

Both of you are very clever, that's for sure!

Lynda said...

Good on you Leanne - that's lovely recognition of your beautiful quilting.

Marina said...

WHAAAAA Congratulations buddy :)))))

Susie said...

Good on you (both!). Congratulations, it looks fantastic!
Susie

Leanne said...

That's awesome !! Congratulations

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...