Monday, March 14, 2011

Long weekend of sewing

I have had a wonderful long weekend, the weather was beautiful, my children were busy and I got lots of sewing done. On Saturday afternoon I started cutting and making these 4 patch blocks. They soon became part of some strips.

By today I had got this much of the quilt done. Its a Schnibbles quilt that I have made bigger so its going to be a lap size. This is such a fun quilt to work on. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week.


This afternoon I photographed a few of my quilts to put in my quilt journal. This one I made in 2008. Its called Flower Bed by Bronwyn Hayes.



Here is my Journey of a Quilter designed by the very talented Leanne Beasley. I love her designs and I have a few new ones on my to do list.





Just a few quilts resting on the chair, I thought they made a nice photo all neatly folded. How did you spend your weekend? I hope you found some sewing time.





8 comments:

Isabella said...

You did have a fun weekend didnt you :)
I really like the garden one must try get a copy of that one lots of stitching by the looks of it.
hugs

Pauline said...

love the schnibbles quilt mate..looks soooo cute. How nice to have such a productive weekend...think I can remember those? hahah

Susan said...

My you have had a busy weekend. thank you for your letter. As always lovely to hear from you. I popped one in the post today xxx

Vicki said...

Your quilt is going to be just lovely, Leanne. What is the range you used?????? Very pretty

Melinda said...

I think I like this one even more than your last.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your Schnibbles quilt - I have one of her patterns but haven't made it yet. I did some sewing this weekend too. I'm working on a UFO that's a couple of years old. It's a small snowman wall hanging. blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

I love your quilt! So bright and cheery. Could you please tell me the name of this pattern? Thank you so much! Colleen C.

Leanne said...

Hello Colleen
Sorry I couldn't email you but you are a no reply blogger therefore it wouldn't let me. The pattern is from a Schnibbles book by Miss Rosie. I think thats the one you mean, the other one which has stitchery is flower bed by Red brolly.

Saturday Sewing Session

 Hi there, do you ever have those weeks where you feel as though you haven't accomplished much? I have had one of those weeks and I do...