Monday, March 28, 2011

The Gathering part 2

Today I would like to share with you Rosalie's projects she had on display at the Gathering, Rosealie has been busy writing new projects for an upcoming book so that will be one to look out for. She said it will be available to buy in around 6 weeks. Of course I had to get my photo taken with Rosalie, she was so nice.
This beautiful display is Rosalie's christmas and everyday projects, they are all gorgeous and they looked so nice on the table all together.
Look at these tiny dolls, they are going to be in the new book.
And this lovely redwork is also a new project for the book. Its wrapped around an art canvas and looks fantastic.
Plenty of Rosalie's fabric Sweet Broderie was for sale at the shop. Its so pretty.
These were my purchases for the day. A few fat eights and a new to me fabric glue pen, these pens are great for doing paper piecing, you just run the glue along the edge of the paper and fold the fabric over. No tacking needed. The glue just washes out in water. Leanne showed us her hexagon quilt that is in the Vignette magazine so I am a little bit tempted to have a go at making one myself.

I hope you all had a nice weekend and you found some sewing time.

7 comments:

De said...

WoW - love those little dollies! And even though I havent seen Leanne's hexagon quilt in person I too am tempted to make a start

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos Leanne so pleased you had just a wonderful time...lovely purchases

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a lovely day! Love all of Rosie's new designs!

Clares Place said...

Looks like you all had a blast! You got some great fabrics too! Love Rosalie's new projects.

Susan said...

Oh my I am so jealous Leanne. It looks like you had a great time. Can nnot wait to se you finished needle case. x :p

Roseanne said...

my daughter has started the hexagon quilt I gave her lot of my old fabric and bits and peices to start her off. Boy she has done a lot.

Q said...

I've started on the hexies! My first glue pen refill ran out very quickly (I think only 6 hexagon flowers in) but I think I was a bit too heavy handed with it since I now have 14 Hexagon Flowers and this refill is going fine. I have run out of hexagons themselves though (the paper) so am heading in to a store on the weekend to grab more. Oh and so so (sew sew) jealous of your lovely gathering!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...