Sunday, July 11, 2010

A weekend getaway

We have just come back from a lovely weekend away in Hobart. We went as it was my husbands birthday and as luck would have it the craft fair was on as well so I was happy.
We stayed at Discovery holiday park and it was in a beautiful bush setting. The boys had fun running around, they weren't outside for long as it was too cold.
Nicky bought a remote control car so he was happily entertaining himself. These are some of the cabins, they are quite nice inside and have a self contained kitchen.

I had to take a photo of one of my quilts hanging up in the exhibition, it was my first time entering so I was quite proud to see my quilts with everyone else's.








These were my purchases for the day, I was a little disappointed there wasn't alot to buy but its not like I need anymore fabric. I bought this cute little caddy for my sewing goodies.





Some stickers for my quilt journal and a charm pack. Now we are home its back to normal and time to get stuck into my sewing projects, I hope you found some sewing time today.







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Quilt looks Lovely hanging up..those Cabins look like my cup of tea...Glad you had a Nice Time.
cheers

Roseanne said...

look like a lovely week end. Glad you had a good time. You should be so proud of your self, with your quilt hand with all they other quilts.

Jan Gartlan said...

I loved your quilt in the exhibition. It was so pretty especially the bird in the centre. Well done!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
a good yarn said...

How marvellous to see your quilt on show! You managed to pick up some nice bits and pieces regardless. Ann :-)

Pauline said...

nice leanne..how awesome is it to see one of your own quilts on show...? well done...glad you had a fun weekend...looks awesome

alexandra said...

Hey Leanne,

I couldnt get outlook to work to e-mail you through here.

my e-mail is alex.purdon@hotmail.com

If you wanted to e-mail me I can foward to mum through facebook or get here to contact you.

Love Alex.xx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...