Saturday, May 8, 2010

I've been on holiday

I have just came back from 5 lovely days in Sunny Queensland, I went to visit my parents and surprise my mum for her birthday. My brother, sister and I all met at the airport as we live all over the country so it was a mission in itself trying to arrange flights so we all got there around the same time. Dad picked us up and took us home. Thats when we surprised mum. It was wonderful.Every morning I went for a walk along the beach, I watched some people surfing and just enjoyed the view.
I wanted to go to Patchwork angel quilt shop which was a nice place to visit, I bought these 2 buttons and pattern.


The lady who owns the shop offered to take my photo,




It was an unusal little shop, the building was very plain on the outside but full of lots of lovely goodies on the inside.
The week went so fast, now I'm home and trying to get warm, its quite chilly here today. I missed my family so I'm happy to be back with them. The boys are looking foreward to some home cooked food as my husband is not that great in the kitchen unless you like rice and tuna. I hope you all have a nice weekend and happy mothers day tomorrow to all the aussie mums.




6 comments:

Fer said...

What a lovely treat!

Have a great Mothers Day Leanne.

PS. There's nothing wrong with rice and tuna!!

a good yarn said...

What a wonderful treat for your mum! A week away will no doubt make the boys appreciate you more - at least for a few days. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Ann :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Leanne! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Mari said...

Good to hear that you enjoyd your little break off and you all got your mom surpcised there. Lovely pics :)

Unknown said...

Love that you had been visiting in my neck of the woods...I am about 1hr from the Patchwork Angel it's a bit of an Icon in the area...
cheers

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...