Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday sewing

I have had a very productive day today with my sewing. I made this quilt top for my son Jacob, it was a kit I bought for him last year and he thought it would never get done. Now I just need to quilt it and he can have it for winter. I made this bag for a customer at work, she had done the stitchery but didn't know what to do with it,so as she can't sew very well she asked me to make it for her. I made up the bag design and it turned out rather well I think. I hope she likes it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying doing my paper piecing project, I've made 8 flowers now so I decided to start appliqueing them to the backgrounds. I hope you found some sewing time this weekend.



4 comments:

Mari said...

Lovely flowers! Jacob must be happy as he gets finally his quilt then. You're finally getting post from me in a near future ;)

a good yarn said...

It's marvellous when you make inroads into the sewing. Your son will enjoy snuggling under his new quilt and the bag is terrific. I'm sure your customer will be most pleased. Your paper pieced flowers are looking so good and the Postcard quilt looks superb. Cheers, Ann :-)

Unknown said...

Love the bag design Leanne , it goes so well with the stitchery !

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm amazed at how clever and perfect your stitching is! Beautiful work, Leeanne, Love Amanda xx

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...