Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My day off

I had a day off from work today and it was lovely, I spent the day sewing. I am working on putting my postcard quilt together, only one row to go which I hope Ican do over the weekend. This would have to be my most special quilt as most of the postcards have been stitched and signed by my dear friends. Some of you I know through blogs and others are my stitching buddies. I really can't thankyou all enough for helping me make such a wonderful quilt. Here are 2 blocks stitched by my friends Ruth from America and Sarah from here in Tassie. Two very talented ladies and wonderful friends .

I also finished my Laura's legacy mini quilt, it looks just perfect sitting on my old sewing machine. Ok Time to get dinner for my hungry boys, enjoy your day.




6 comments:

a good yarn said...

What a terrific way to soend the day! Your postcard quilt is looking wonderful - I hope my postcard block was well-stitched enough to be included. The mini quilt looks delightful. Ann :-)

Roseanne said...

Your post card quilt look lovely..

Ruth said...

Love your post card quilt!! And the mini with your old Singer makes such a cute display!

Stina Blomgren said...

Lovely time spent on a day off.. in the sewing room.. ...
Your quilt or quilts are wonderful.. the first with all the special postcards.. and I love the little one at the old sewing machine..:o)

Nettie's Blog said...

love that postard quilt...very special memories sewn with lots of love by the looks of it...
cute little mini quilt and it looks perfect on the sewing machine like that....

Marina said...

Hello Leanne
WOW you quilt is AMAZING I love it..Have a happy Easter with lots of chocolate bunnies and easter eggs
Love Marina

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...