Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New projects

I am having so much fun being on holidays. Today I sewed the binding on 3 minature quilts and a big one. I'm going to the beach for 5 days on Saturday so I can sew these bindings down while away. I'm sure my husband will frown when he sees me quilting on our holidays, he said why don't I have a break from sewing, I just laughed at him. (I'llonly sew at night when we are tired from a fun packed day I promise honey). Anyway today I received this beautiful table runner from my friend Jody in America. It was really funny because I have been working with almost the exact same fabrics as she used in my gift. Beautiful pinks and brown reproductions.On the weekend I started another tumbler quilt, I have quite a few reproduction fat quarters in my stash waiting for a project so I thought its about time I used them, I still have 3 rows to put on then its done. They are so quick and fun to make,

With my scraps I had left from my pink and brown quilt I made in my previous post I made these cute little pin cushions, they look so sweet sitting on my old sewing machine. What do you make with your scraps? Happy sewing everyone.



2 comments:

a good yarn said...

You are sewing up a storm! Your pincushions are very sweet. I haven't started my tumbler and you are already on a second. It's beautiful. What a lovely quilt to receive as a gift. It's stunning and such pretty fabrics. Have a terrific holiday! Ann :-)

Nettie's Blog said...

i love that tumbler pattern...i will have to come and check it out when you get back from your holidays....happy holiday sewing...

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...